Tuesday, May 26, 2009

LMAO @ Yeezy!!!

A friend just put me on to this article. Apparently Kanye is releasing a book of philosophical ideas/thoughts. I'm all for deep thought and introspect, but I'm not neccesarily interested in hearing what Mr. Yeezy thinks of the world. If you are a musician, make music. Massage your ego with your art and try to avoid measuring your cock in outside arenas that require extreme proficiency. In the end you will only look foolish. Just my opinion. Example: Tupac Shakur's "The Rose that Grew From Concrete":

This book was not good. It was nothing but a bunch of emo scribblings from a teenager. Sorry folks... those who study and have made a life of studying the literary art of poetic expression do not consider Tupac a top 10, 50, or even 100 poet. Same will be true for Kanye's book of philosophy. LOL... Before you get mad please try to understand what I'm saying. Tupac was an amazing musician, but he was not a good poet at all, at least not in this book. Song lyrics and poetry are different. Stay in your lane is all I'm saying. Thing is... I doubt that his poems would have ever been released had he not been murdered. Sad really, it was all about money.

Back to Kanye, bad idea... However, I must admit that I will spend an hour in Borders skimming through it for entertainment. It's basically going to be trash TV converted into a different medium. LOL. Gotta love Yeezy...

-Dekk-

No comments: