Tuesday, April 21, 2009

it's a funny-good feeling...

SO, yesterday I was in my gmail doin business as usual and I got a G-talk request from a username that I definitely didn't recognize... I accepted the request and immediatley shot out a "who's this?"... Person responded by saying:
"nobody that you know, just a huge fan of your work...."
This person was not another artist looking for beats or collaboration... just a straight up fan of Beautiful Music... We ended up chatting for a good 10 minutes. It was a crazy feeling to have somebody support me that I've never met... Music is a business rooted in selling the work of people to people and at the end of the day what drives me is the interaction, not the bottom line... Thank you for the reality check and thank you for the support. I put everything into this music shit, so to have a little feedback means the world!! You know what though?....
I LOVE MY LIFE RIGHT NOW!! I LOVE WHAT I'M DOING AND FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER I AM GENUINELY HAPPY WITH WHAT I'M DOING!!
-Dekk-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara J. said...

Dekker, I'm super proud of you, and i'm a fan. Randa and you both are such beautiful people, and shit, i'm glad to know you and have been able to spend so much time around you.

Just thought i's send that you're way, so you knew. I'm happy that you're happy.

Ayo 'Ayohla' Adepoju (WPGM) said...

Yo I dunno if you've seen the comments on my blog but you gettin maddd love from this side of the pond! One of my mates yeah, after downloading your E.P since I posted the blog and all her fb statuses since then are bout U & Luck-One! realest talk!!!

Handle Ya Biz