Saturday, April 25, 2009

hip hop has changed so much....

Some people HATE the constant transformation and evolution of Hip Hop culture.... I am NOT one of those people. In fact, I am truly inspired by the current artistic exploration evident in the craft of mainstream and underground artists. It seems like people are finally admitting that a synthesis of outside genre and influence is a thing of beauty, whereas before you either brought it all Hip Hop all the time or you went home.... I still have love for the aggressive spirit of "pure Hip Hop", but I must admit that the diversity of sound present in the current generation is refreshing. We are making up for the gimmicks of the late 90's and early 00's... Beyond the music, what grabs me most is the evolution of branding and image.... oh how things have changed:





No comments: