Tuesday, April 28, 2009

the good life?!


If you were to listen to Kanye you would certainly imagine a life in the music industry to be a bonkersly-glorious experience... umm... Well.... It's fulfilling, exciting and inspiring... but it's also CHALLENGING, especially when you're trying to make a mole hill out of a canyon. These day's I'm starting to get worn thin... I mean literally... People keep asking me,

"Dekk are you sure that you're eating?"

or

"Dekk why you got rings under your eyes? You got AIDS?!"
To those of you who care enough to ask, THANK YOU, and no I don't have AIDS...YES I am eating!!.... but I'm also spending a lot less time sitting and sleeping. In fact, even when I sleep I find myself waking up thinking about what I could be doing to get ahead. I've never been the obsessive/addictive type, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm heading in that direction... at least with music... I could sit here and gas you up like "music is easy for me" and "it's nothin, I'm taking over," but in all honesty it's fucking HARD WORK... I'm NOT complaining because I love it, but I'd be a liar if I didn't admit that sometimes I overwhelm myself... It's funny because I've never really been overwhelmed by anything... This is how I know to keep going no matter how hard it gets... I ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT THIS and even though it can be tiresome....

.... at the end of the day it's all about finding that fucking dinosaur right?!
-Dekk-

No comments: