Thursday, September 17, 2009

Celebrity?


I have absolutely no idea what it feels like to be famous, much less a person of popular interest. There is no formula that can determine the impact of celebrity on an individual. The recent events surrounding Mr. Kanye West have inspired a great deal of thought and confusion. Musically, I consider him one of the most influential musicians of the 00's. He has almost single handedly inspired progression in what was becoming a relatively stale genre. On the other hand, he seems to be a social wrecking ball. A deeply saddened individual, hell bent on gaining the approval of all those who cross his path. As much as I would like to view his shortcomings as a personality flaw, the fact of the matter is that his behavior is a result of something that he learned in his childhood. Somewhere along the line Mr. West felt inadequate, so much that it haunts him to this day even though he is one of the most successful entertainers alive.

I would be lying if I claimed to not have aspirations of reaching a celebrity-like level of success. That being said, I can't help but wonder what skeletons might creep out of my closet. We have all learned to behave a certain way as a result of pain...

dag

-Dekk-

No comments: