Wednesday, May 20, 2009

SAY WHHHHAAAAATTTT???

Gibberish

There are people in this world that will never make sense to me and I've come to accept that I probably don't make sense to them either. It amazes me that there can be such a gap in understanding over things that seem so simple, but I guess that's the nature of the business. There are days when I feel like everything that comes out of my mouth is Gibberish and no matter how hard I try I can't seem to find a way to say what I mean (but I do mean what I say).... That's why this Ryan Leslie track really hits me. Some people might think it's stupid, but stumbling to find the appropriate language for every situation is a very real experience. I can talk for days to almost anybody, but sometimes the conversations just don't translate. Everybody in this industry has a story or a contact, but rarely do their words mean anything... make sense? I recognize good intentions though and I am thankful for everybody who wants to help out, but at this point the most helpful thing that anybody can do for us is share our music with as many people as possible. You're also welcome to buy me a keyboard like this:
LOL! Ok I don't expect the Fantom G to fall in my lap, but it's wishful thinking... Anyways, for those lovers of Spread and all things "Dekk", there are some extremely exciting things shaping up for the summer... Peep the dates:
  • June 15th = Jay Child's first single on Spread Music!
  • July 13th = Video release for first single (this shit is going to be so bOnKeRs!)
  • August = Jay Child's debut mini album for sale on iTunes (and other digital outlets)
  • Sept = Jay Child's second mini album for sale on iTunes (and other digital outlets)
For those who are wondering, I am handling all of the production on these upcoming releases. It's a new sound and I am EXTREMELY proud of it. There is no doubt in my mind that you will be bumpin it in your iPod! Get your ear buds ready people... Dekk, Jay Child and the Spread team are coming!!

-Dekk-


No comments: