Friday, December 11, 2009

back for the next time...

Dag.... So I'm well aware of the fact that hardly anybody reads my blog anymore and that is 100% my fault for being the most whack-est poster ever... That being said, I'm kind of using this space as a personal journal so that I can recap my journey in this industry called music.

The last couple of weeks have been extremely hectic yet rewarding at the same time. Illaj and I recorded 21 songs in 5 days putting a cap on the Moxie Black album... That's right, me + illaj forever = Moxie Black. Strange, yeah... but the music is definitely left field from what the hip hop industry is used to....

Can I share something with y'all? I'm nervous as FUCK. Moxie Black is by far the biggest musical risk that I've ever taken. Beautiful Music was DOPE, but it was safe. It played on familiarity... This new music plays on the unfamiliar. It would be foolish of me to say that the project is without influence or that it's entirely original in its approach, however it will be extremely apparent to those of you who hear it that we decided to take a chance on something new. That is a scary position to be in for somebody who so desperately wants to make a life out of creating. High risk = high reward... but it can also mean HIGH loss and I'm terrified of being on the losing end. At the end of the day I'm extremely proud of what we've accomplished and that's what makes me most nervous. I want people to love this album because I love it... I believe in it and I just can't see how it can fail... but what if I'm wrong???

Peace...

-Dekk-

No comments: