Wednesday, January 14, 2009

and all of a sudden reality sets in...


Today I locked myself in my car....

NOT LIKE AN IDIOT!!!!


My car door literally wouldn't open from the inside, so I had to roll down my window and pull the handle from the outside. There was a young, middle class couple in the parking lot that smirked in my direction. The whole situation got me thinking.... why I am content with throwing everything I have at a long shot? I could easily find a job that would pay for a new door, even a new car, but for some reason I'm locked in on illogical...


This has been a tough week thus far. It seems like everyone around me is battling either anxiety or depression. I am fine, in fact my whole life I've been the "stable one" in my friend groups and relationships. You will seldom catch me in a depression or overly anxious mind state. However, I must admit that the stress level of those around me is starting to take a toll on my energy... This is not to say that being a support to those around me is a burden. I'm just being up front about the reality of my current situation. For one reason or another I'm the guy that worries about people when they struggle.... and right now I'm worried about several loved ones... I just hope that they can roll down the windows and unlock the door...

-Dekk-

No comments: