Tuesday, December 2, 2008

patience

... I am not a patient person. You can ask my mom and she'll tell you that I never have been. My system is wired with an impulse to accomplish the impossible in an impossible amount of time... I determine what is realistic, not the other way around.

People have been telling me for my entire life to just "be patient and things will work themselves out"... I listened to them... nothing happened... It only enabled my insecurities.

I'm through with being patient. It's not me... I don't believe in fate or purpose. Things do not happen to me, I happen to them...music does not define me, I define music... You can call it arrogance, but the fact of the matter is that I truly believe I can be the best at whatever I do. Am I there now?... No... Is it garunteed?... No.... Is it in sight... Certainly...

I am not waiting for anything... anymore...

-Dekk-

No comments: